Saturday, August 15, 2009

14th Annual Tri in the Pines

Okay so here it is, after two months of training, 7.65 miles of swimming, 160.8 miles of biking and 118.4 miles of running with a total of 34 hours, I competed in the 14th annual Tri in the Pines. It starts with a 625yards swim, followed by a 12.3 Bike and ends with a 3.5 mile run. I had no sleep the night before, woke up completly sick but raced at 7:40 this morning. after hyperventilating underwater (don't ask me how that's possible) in the pool on my warm up lap, throwing up a little in my mouth during the swim underwater and overall just feeling like i could fall over i finished the race! yay accompliment number one! My times were not what i wanted and i'm a little dissappointed, but it was about 10 times harder then i ever thought it would be! Anyways here are the results, I took 1st in my age division and placed 20th out of 43 women overall with a time of... 1hour 40min. Like i said i wanted to be in the 1:25-1:30 but it's okay, when i got out there and started doing it, my goals changed from being in the top ten to just finishing! Oh well overall i didn't do too bad for my first tri and there's always next year right? maybe? What an experience! thanks to all those who came out and supported me, i really appreciate it and it meant alot to have familiar faces in the crowd!

this is me all happy before the race. Little did i know...









4 comments:

Becky Seymore said...

Mel I am so proud of you! I think its awesome that you trained and worked so hard! You did great!!! Kati

burgessbunch2008 said...

Wow...that's awesome!! Congrats..
Just to say you completed it is great.

emily said...

Way to go!!!! Yay, I was actually thinkin about you yesterday and how you did! Good job! Im confused by the picture when your running barefoot on the grass....What is that? Switching from one event to another or what?

Rifle Fam said...

Way to go!