Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Set in Stone

I was going to post it's official but then everyone would think i'm pregnant, sooo It is official, I have signed up for the 14th annual high altitude Triathalon on Aug 15th here in Show Low. I have been in training for three long weeks now and today was my first day of actually doing the whole course all the way through, not one right after another but close enough! I am so excited, this will be my first time and i am looking forward to it! although not ever sleeping has put a damper on my energy level, it'll still be worth it. Anyways i will be swimming a little under half a mile, biking 12.3 miles and running 3.5 so it's actually a triathalon sprint but it's still freakin hard and enjoyable at the same time if that's possible! Anyways i'm excited to see what happens! wish me luck!

6 comments:

cArPenTeRs - SteVeN AnD TiFfAnY said...

Good Luck! You will do awesome.

emily said...

WAHOOOO I wanna do one too. But my one concern is the swimming. Im about 97% sure I would drown. Im actually gonnahave Jon go drop me off in the middle of sycamore lake and have me just sit there and tred water for practice. Im PUMPED for you cause Im looking forward to going one as well. POST PICS! Good luck!

Cherie said...

Good luck, you're crazy! Just kidding. Althought I think being pregnant might be easier...Maybe you should rethink things. :)

jilliann said...

I have been wanting to do one too! you will do great, GOOD LUCK!!!

Tennyson and Christy said...

Check you out! Way to go! I could handle the 3.5 mile run and probably the 12 mile bike ride, but the swimming would do me in. No way I could dog paddle that far. :)

katilanae said...

Mel I had no idea you were doing that! I just thought you were crazy for wanting to workout when we were at the Westin, just teasing! I'm so proud of you, you will do awesome! Good Luck!!!!