Monday, March 23, 2009

Work

So work has been good, I am really blessed to love my job and the people i work with. I have started working as charge nurse becuase they made me so that has been a new challenge as well. They don't pay you like anything to be charge so you really just take on alot more responsibility for nothing but i guess it has to be done. So i say i love my job but there are really hard parts to being a nurse. I have had the privilege to get to know 2 special people. One is battling a funal infection that spreads through the body. The other is on his third time around with cancer. This weekend they both passed away in my care. I have known them for awhile and their wonderful families so this has been such an emotionally draining experience. One passed away on Friday and the other fought till Sunday. Although this has been by far the hardest experience i have dealt with i am so grateful for the time that I got to know them and take care of them and i wish their families the best they are wonderful. I just felt I should write this down and share it!

4 comments:

emily said...

You gave me tears...man the things you go through in the medical field and especially being a nurse. It's a very commendable job that I think is overlooked and unappreciated too much. You work your butt off for them, you almost want them to get better more than they do themselves. You think about at work and off work. You develop a very close a special relationship with them. Especially the ones you have continually and for a long time. There is a special place for nurses in heaven. They are as close to "angels on earth" and you can get. There is my novel. I love you!

Cherie said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you remembered where you blog was!

kaitlynn said...

I know what you mean Melanie. It can be SO hard. Good for you though for being so caring. And charge nurse? Geez...that is alot of responsibility. You must be working hard and becoming an awesome nurse.

Suni said...

That has to be so hard! I bet they were so glad to know you and have you taking care of them. It sounds like you are really busy!